As part of our effort to increase awareness of and appreciation for the fiber arts, HGA sponsors exhibitions of fiber art each year. These exhibitions are presented in prominent venues around the US, and the works of fiber art contribute to the arts environment in the areas in which they are shown.
Small Expressions is an annual international juried exhibit sponsored by the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc., to showcase fiber art on a small scale [not to exceed 15 inches (38cm) in any direcion].
In even-numbered years, HGA sponsors juried exhibits in conjunction with HGA's biennial Convergence conference. With works selected by well-known jurors, these exhibits bring people from all over the world to view these one-of-a-kind pieces.
Anyone working in fiber is eligible to enter HGA exhibits. HGA members receive a discounted entry fee. Students of accredited educational institutions may enter free of charge. The HGA Award and other awards may be presented for work in HGA exhibits.
Recent Exhibition Awards
- Small Expressions 2014
- Ebb & Flow Yardage 2014
- All that Jazz Fashion 2014
- A Lively Experiment All Media Fiber Techniques 2014
- Small Expressions 2013
- Small Expressions 2012
- Longitude: Yardage exhibit at Convergence 2012 Long Beach
- Latitude All Media Exhibit at Convergence 2012 Long Beach
- Pacific Currents Fashion Show and Exhibit Convergence 2012 Long Beach
- Small Expressions 2011
- Small Expressions 2010
- Enchanted: Yardage exhibit at Convergence 2010
- Eye Dazzlers: Fashion Show and Exhibit Convergence 2010