|Sherri Woodard Coffey received the HGA Award in the Fort Worth Weavers Guild exhibit In the Eye of the Beholder.|
The HGA Award honors outstanding exhibited works of fiber art, specifically handweaving, handspinning, dyeing, basketry, felting, and related fiber arts. It is a prestigious award and may be presented only to work which clearly demonstrates excellence. This award is not given for demonstrations or contests. If no entry meets the outlined criteria, the HGA Award must be returned to the HGA Award Chair.
The HGA Award includes a certificate of accomplishment and a handwoven ribbon. Award winners receive further acclaim through publication in Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot, HGA’s quarterly award-winning magazine, and an opportunity to have their work appreciated by an international readership of fiber artists, enthusiasts, and collectors.
- Exhibitions or fashion shows must be juried or entries judged for awards.
- In the case of textile conferences, the juried for acceptance requisite may be waived, provided entries are judged for awards at the conference
- Fashion shows may entail a runway component, but must be hung for public display.
- Mixed media shows must include an appreciable number of fiber art pieces.
- State Fairs or Provincial exhibits must provide an Arts Gallery for the juried show.
- All exhibits must be either open to the public for a minimum of one day, or be part of a textile conference.
- Please request the award at least three months (90 days) before the date of the exhibit.
- Must be limited to a work of handweaving, spinning, basketry, dyeing, or related fiber arts.
- Must embody a unique interpretation; demonstrate a fresh, individual approach, and express personal creativity.
- Must exemplify a complete understanding of both aesthetic and functional considerations.
- Must demonstrate excellence in technical skills.
For more information contact:
HGA Award Chair
Our website continues to evolve based on your feedback.
If you have any comments, problems, or suggestions about this site, please send email to HGA Office.
© 1996-2013 Handweavers Guild of America, Inc.