Wednesday, July 16 — 12:00 noon–5:00 pm
Thursday, July 17 — 10:00 am–5:00 pm; and Marketplace only, 7:00 pm–10:30pm
Friday, July 18 — 10:00 am–5:00 pm
Saturday, July 19 — 10:00 am–4:00 pm
Look for vendor ads in
Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot.
At HGA’s Convergence® 2014 Providence, you will be able to meet favorite vendors assembled in the Marketplace Vendor Hall.
- Try out that spinning wheel or loom you always wanted to buy.
- See demonstrations of the newest products or traditional techniques.
- Find your favorite vendors and meet new ones.
- Participate in informal fashion shows.
- Have your book signed by the author.
- Shop for:
- Spinning, weaving, sewing, and felting equipment
- Dyes and supplies
- Basketry materials and supplies
- Books, videos, and CDs for your favorite technique
- Hand-painted and specialty yarns
- Luxury fibers you cannot find anywhere else
- Software and other technology
- Fiber Schools for vacation or degrees
- Ethnic textiles and baskets
- Plus special surprises
Vendor Hall at Convergence 2006 Grand Rapids
Demonstrations in the Marketplace Vendor Hall
Thursday, July 17
|10 am||Schiffer Publishing||Elizabeth Lang-Harris||Hex Weave Mad Weave: An introduction to triaxial weaving||Viewing booth|
|11 am||Tia Stephanie Tours: Cultural Journeys to Mexico||Stephanie Schneiderman||Mexican Rebozo: Ikat traditions and techniques||Viewing booth|
|12 pm||Donahue Models & Talent||Scarf Wearing Options||Stage|
|1 pm||Donahue Models & Talent||Mini Runway Show||Stage|
|2 pm||Wild Fibers||Linda Cortright:||Building India's First Cashmere Center in the Himalayas||Viewing booth|
|3 pm||Thread of Hope||Eliza Strode||Viewing booth|
Friday, July 18
|10 am||Tia Stephanie Tours: Cultural Journeys to Mexico||Stephanie Schneiderman||Textile Journies to Mexico||Viewing booth|
|11 am||Schiffer Publishing||Barbara Miller||Brown Book of Weaving Drafts||Viewing booth|
|12 pm||HGA Informal fashion show|
|1 pm||Hillcreek Fiber Studio||Carol Leigh Brack-Kaiser||Continuous Strand Weaving on Triangle, Rectangle and Square Frame Loom||Stage|
|2 pm||Wild Fibers||Linda Cortright||World of Wool from Alaska to Uzbekistan||Viewing booth|
Saturday, July 19
|10 am||Halcyon||Judith Shangold||Slide presentation showing images from Judith's new book: Weave ● Knit ● Wear||Viewing booth|
|11 am||Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms||Claudia Chase||Introduction of the new Electric Treadle||Stage|
|12 pm||New World Textiles||Eileen Hallman||Simplified Dyeing with Dye-lishes™ Cotton||Stage|
|1 pm||Bead Biz||Jean Elizabeth Glass||Introduction to Kumihimo with Beads!!||Stage|
|2 pm||New World Textiles||Eileen Hallman||Simple Indigo Turquoise--no vat required||Stage|
Leader Book Signing at the HGA booth
- Wednesday, July 16
- Thursday, July 17
- 10:00-11:15 Eve Botelho
- Friday July 18
- 1:00-2:30 Brecia Kralovic-Logan
- Saturday, July 19
- 10:00-11:15 Jean Power
- 11:00-3:30 Joanne Hall
- 3:00 -4:30 Aimee Lee
Vendors: Please contact HGA at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.