Request for Session Proposals
Request for Convergence® Session Proposals
The Convergence® Leader Selection committee seeks a diverse selection of proposals. We are looking to offer our conference participants a variety of beginner, intermediate and advance Sessions to choose from including traditional fiber arts experiences and Sessions that are new, innovative and unique to Convergence®. Approximately 65% of Convergence® participants have attended past conferences so new and innovative Sessions will be welcomed. Participants come from all over the United States and from around the world. HGA will assist participants who are traveling from afar with loom rentals, but availability will be limited. When planning your Session, please keep in mind the restrictions that travel may impose on participants’ ability to bring supplies for your proposed Session.
Conference Location: Peppermill Resort & Casino, Reno, Nevada, U.S.A.
Conference Dates: July 6 – 12, 2018
Application Submission Deadline: March 5, 2017
Selection Notification: By June 30, 2017
To preview the Leader Proposal Application, you can view a pdf of the form HERE.
- Honoraria will be paid at a rate of $100 per hour of instruction All Sessions will require a minimum of 5 registered students or they will be subject to cancellation. Honoraria will be adjusted from the hourly rate to a per student rate for Workshop Sessions with 5 to 11 registered students: $50 per student for a 1-Day Workshop, $100 per student for a 2-Day Workshop, and $150 per student for a 3-Day Workshop.
Travel Reimbursement of $50 for every three (3) hours of instruction for any Leader residing 150 miles or more from the conference site. Leaders are responsible for arranging their own travel.
- Hotel Compensation will be paid directly to a Convergence® Hotel by HGA and will be provided at half (½) the cost (or 50% of the cost) of a double/double room night at a blocked room rate at a Convergence® Hotel under the following schedule. Leaders are responsible for making their own Convergence® hotel reservation, and are responsible for any miscellaneous fees and services (e.g. food, movies, parking, room service, etc.).
6 Class Hours of Instruction...One (1) Night at 50%
7-12 Class Hours of Instruction...Two (2) Nights at 50%
13-18 Class Hours of Instruction...Three (3) Nights at 50%
19 or More Class Hours of Instruction...Five (5) Nights at 50%
- Complimentary Convergence® Conference Registration includes:
- Daily admission to the Marketplace, Demonstrations, Panels and Art Exhibits ($40 value)
- One ticket to the Fashion Show ($75 value)
- One ticket to the Keynote Speaker ($35 value)
- HGA Tote Bag ($15 value)
- Discounted session registration.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Each Session must be educational in nature. It is not acceptable to use a Session to advertise a program, product or service for sale. Proposed Sessions will be evaluated on the following:
- Overall quality
- Originality of material
- Relevance to the industry
- Relevance and timeliness of the topic
- Well-defined focus and objectives
- Practical applications of material
- Hands-on learning for immediate application
- Educator qualifications, including level of expertise and teaching/speaking experience
For more information or if you have questions, please email HGA@WeaveSpinDye.org or call (678)730-0010