Change of address:
Why should I join HGA?
Membership in HGA includes the following benefits:
Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot magazine:
- HGA’s award-winning, quarterly magazine with articles on design, history, wearable art, museum exhibitions, artists, shows, books, techniques, and museum, guild, and member information.
- SS&D Online — Your digital companion to the printed copy of Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot with current and archival issues available to HGA members who request access.
Certificate of Excellence:
- A rigorous program available for handweavers, handspinners, dyers, and basketmakers, certifying proficiency in their chosen field.
HGA Grant Opportunities:
- Available to members for study in non-accredited fiber art classes, workshops or conferences.
- Given in recognition of outstanding works exhibited by fiber artists at regional, national, or international juried exhibits.
HGA Member Travel Opportunities:
- Join other HGA members for exclusive travel and excursion packages to museums, exhibits, events, and more!
- HGA’s biennial meeting of fiber artists from all over the world, offering lectures, seminars, workshops, exhibits and a vendor hall.
Web site <www.weavespindye.org>:
- Your global cyberspace connection to HGA information with guilds and fiber artists around the world.
HGA Member Artist/Leader Links
Email Newsletters: Sign up in the footer below.
Textile Kits & Videos:
- Textile samples and commentary on a variety of subjects available for both personal and guild use.
Small Expressions Exhibit:
- Special discounted entry fee for members for HGA’s annual international juried show of small-scale works created using fiber techniques.
Teaching and Learning through Correspondence:
- Designed just for you — a one-on-one study program with a mentor tailored to meet the student’s needs.
- HGA members enjoy a 10% discount on most items when shopping for exhibition catalogs, books, and merchandise in HGA’s online shop