Convergence Assistantship Grant
HGA’s Convergence Conference
Student Assistantship Grant Program Procedures
HGA’s Student Assistantship Program provides capable assistants for Convergence conference Leaders and Teachers, while also giving students enrolled in Fiber Arts programs the chance to assist internationally known instructors and to participate in the Convergence experience.
The Convergence Student Assistantship Grant is funded by HGA’s Fiber Trust giving program.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited academic program
- Ability to fulfill the requirements of a class (workshop, studio, super seminar, seminar class) assistant
- Attendance at a Training Class, time TBA, at the Convergence conference location.
Student Assistants, 2012, Long Beach
Mail the completed application to:
HGA Convergence Student Assistant
1255 Buford Highway, Suite 211
Suwanee, GA 30024
Postmark deadline: April 1, 2014.
A Letter of Nomination from the Professor for each student nominated to be a Convergence Assistant.
- Include the name of the instructor the student wishes to assist and the title of the class.
- List skills, interests, and reasons for the recommendation. For example:
- Why the student would be a good assistant (dependable, has excellent skills, etc.)
- Knowledge of a specific technique/subject, etc.
Completed Convergence Registration Form without payment information.
- Print STUDENT ASSISTANTSHIP APPLICATION at top of the Form and in the Notes to the Registration Team.
- List classes (number, title and Leader’s Name) you wish to assist.
Attach a separate piece of paper:
- A brief paragraph as to why this assistantship would be helpful to you.
- A brief paragraph as to why you would be a capable assistant for this instructor. (Include experience, skills, techniques, areas of expertise, etc.)
- Estimate of financial needs:
- Mileage Needs: Yes_____No_____
- Approximately how many miles from your home to Providence, Rhode Island?
- Air Travel Needs? Yes_____No_____
- Estimate Cost:
- Hotel Accommodations Needed? Yes_____No_____
- Include answers to the following questions:
- If your first choice instructor is not available, are you willing to assist another Convergence Leader?
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy. Are you willing to share a hotel room with another student of the same sex?
- If you receive an assistantship are you willing to become an HGA Student Member at a cost to you of $25?
HGA depends on available funding to make the Student Convergence Assistantship Grants possible. Occasionally, additional funding becomes available closer (3-4 weeks prior) to the conference. If your summer schedule is flexible, please let us know in your application.
Sign up for HGA’s email newsletter for notification of this and other grant and scholarship information.
Student Assistants, 2010, Albuquerque