Convergence® 2016 Shuttle Races
SHUTTLE RACE RETURNS! AUGUST 4, 2016
Convergence® 2016 Milwaukee is pleased and proud to present the return of the Shuttle Race, hosted by our good friends at Schacht Spindle Company. This is your chance to turn an ordinary boat, stick or rag shuttle into a not-so-ordinary racing vehicle.
Shuttles can be entered into one or both of these two categories: Racing or Decorative.
Here are the guidelines and the minimal amount of rules, enter as many shuttles as you wish:
• You may use commercial shuttles or carve your own.
• Your name and address must be affixed to the bottom of the shuttle
• Racing shuttles must meet specific dimension requirements in order to properly run on the track
THERE WILL BE PRIZES!!!
Required Specifications for all Racing Shuttles:
• Maximum Weight: 14 ounces (397 grams)
• Maximum Length: 15 inches (38.1 cm)
• Minimum Width: 1 7/8 inches (4.8 cm) from the inside of one wheel to the inside of the opposite wheel on the same axle
• Maximum Width: 4 inches (10.2 cm) from the outside of one wheel to the outside of the opposite wheel on the same axle
• Height: Minimum clearance of 3/8 inch (1 cm) from the bottom of the shuttle to the ground
• Bottom-Out Compensation: To make sure your shuttle does not bottom out on the curved portion of the track, increase your distance from the ground by 1/8 inch for every 1 inch of length (2.54 cm) in front of or behind the shuttle’s axles. Diagram below.
Please email Penny Morgan at VicePresident@WeaveSpinDye.org when your shuttle is ready to roll! Specify if you will be Racing or entering only in the Decorative category.
Dates and Times:
Racing: The Shuttle Race will take place on Thursday, August 4, 2016 in the Convergence® Marketplace beginning at 7:30 PM. All shuttle racers must be delivered to the shuttle race area no later than 7:00 PM on August 4, 2016. Participants must pick up their shuttles following the end of the race or make arrangements for someone to pick up the shuttle for them, otherwise they become the property of HGA.
Decorative: All decorative shuttles must be delivered to the HGA Marketplace Booth during Marketplace hours beginning at 12:00 PM on August 3, 2016 and no later than 5:00 PM on August 4, 2016. Judging will be based on popular vote so participants are encouraged to deliver their decorative shuttles on Wednesday, August 3, 2016. Decorated Shuttles will be on Display through 2:00 PM on Saturday, August 6, 2016 in the Convergence® Marketplace. Participants must pick up their shuttles on Saturday, August 6, 2016 between 2:30 and 4:00 PM from the HGA Marketplace Booth or make arrangements for someone to pick up the shuttle for them, otherwise they become the property of HGA.
Questions? Problems? Please contact Penny Morgan: (561) 251-2560 or VicePresident@WeaveSpinDye.org